Friday 30 September 2011

Alphabet soup

The brief was set on monday, and the task was to produce a set of 10 letters which worked together and portrayed which ever word we were given. the letters had to be in black and white, and no more than one letter per 15cm box.   I was given the word Build, so I started by looking at definitions for the word, here are a few I found.
  • To form by combining materials or parts
  • To order, finance, or supervise the construction of something
  • To develop or give form to according to a plan or process; create or build a nation for example
  • To increase or strengthen by adding gradually to: like money building interest in a savings account.
  • To make something by combining materials or parts.
  • To engage in the construction or design of buildings.
  • To develop in magnitude or extent
  • To progress toward a maximum, as of intensity

I wanted to include some images of Alphabets just to get some ideas for shapes of letters, I really liked these particular ones which I researched for our summer project.the ones i have chosen as examples are relevant to my project as they are all "built up" from different objects and materials.







I  have looked at Alphabet sets as i wanted to research layout and how the letters work together.

After looking at alphabets I looked more specifically at the letter which I was going to focus on, I have included some example of the letters which I am basing my letters on.

As well as looking at individual letters I have also researched typography which is related to the word build, i wanted to gather some type which used Build in different contexts. Such as the text below, which is made up of different materials. 


 I like this piece of type, the words build up to a volcano and then explodes, i wanted to show different ways of using the word build



I really liked this type it works well and fits in with the word "build"

No comments:

Post a Comment