Wednesday 9 May 2012

1970's DEVELOPMENT


 I began by drawing a pattern which was made with lines, i wanted it to look similar to textile patterns in the 1970's, bold bright and very high impact. It needed to be bold and busy, so after creating a few different one i decided to use this one for the final pattern.  


I experimented with different colours but in the end decided to go with these ones below they are all bright yet still look quite 'earthy', these shades were often used at the time due to the new spiritual beliefs and connections with the earth. 

This i the final pattern with the correct colours. 

 I tried different shapes and stretching the original shapes this is the way I decided to do it.
The type used is 'Francise Bold' as shown above it is easy to read and yet still bold, i didn't want to type to be to complicated as i think the design is already bus. It  could look over done if the type was also too bold.  





 I used these circles to put vital information on such as referencing, and a sort quote linking music and design together, the type was illegible when it was just placed on the pattern.



 Here is the content of the 1970's Publication, this is what would come up on the disk.
This is the sticker which was placed on the cd with the publication on it. 
 Final Designs front and back.

 I am pleased with this Publication as i think it has turned out better than I was expecting, the pattern looks relevant to the 7's however I don't think the type does.

No comments:

Post a Comment