Tuesday 8 May 2012

80's Research

PABLO CANEPA
Pablo Cánepa, a talented graphic designer from Uruguay, cleverly uses 80s-inspired color gradients and stark grid visuals to enhance these flashbacks to the past. Classic bold and basic typography enhances this over-the-top 80s-themed graphic language.
http://www.behance.net/pol




SEBASTIAN BENTLE
I really like Bentle's work, I think it is lively and and grabs your attention with its provocative imagery. the colours which he uses are extremely bright and eye catching, typical of the 1980's. The type with is used looks like it could be used in a comic book which once again is typical of that period. 
"I am Sebastian Bentler a freelance illustrator, designer, web designer and musician living in Paderborn, Germany.

I have recently completed my diploma degree in computer-science and media-science at the University of Paderborn. I'm currently working as webdeveloper with focus on e-commerce and webshops / e-shops / internetshops, whatever you call it.
Besides programming the web I do freelance illustration, logodesign, graphicdesign and webdesign / -programming work (which most of is presented on this site).
I also produce indie dance music as Overthrill"

http://thirtythr33.de/about/



Nicolas Alexander
http://nicolasgirard.ca/
I briefly looked at this typographer as i think his work is relevant to the 80's even thought it is also Contemporary, the colours and way he lays his work out is very typical of the 1980's. they are bright and look very bold when placed on the black background which he tends to nearly always use.

No comments:

Post a Comment